Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Science, bitches.


Lori and I went to see Neil deGrasse Tyson at the Overture Center last night. What an amazing presentation. Neil has an uncanny way of showing you what the world looks like through the eyes of an astrophysicist by demystifying the correlation between politics, economics, religion and scientific discoveries and how they effect modern society. Through all of that, he keeps you entertained while you hang on his every word. If you have the opportunity to see him, I highly encourage you to do so. It was something that I will never forget. Thank you, Lori!!

Dan and I are still in the process of restoring a 1964 Ducati Monza Jr. We inspected the replacement 250 engine that we will be using, and we found that the clutch housing is busted. That's one problem. Another, is that we aren't getting any movement from the bevel drive or piston. We'll find more that needs to be replaced as we go, but I am confident that we can get this bad boy running at some point. We're shooting for getting it going by the SCR in spring, but I'm not that optimistic. I think the SCR in October is more likely.

Lori and I also attended a "salon party" on Sunday. I had never been to one before, and I actually had to Wiki it before we went. It's really just a fancy way to say "a party where current events are discussed". We had a great time, and it was fun to connect with Niki outside of her work setting. I even was able to exercise my chess skills -- but Gabriel checkmated me in the end. It's always good to have a worthy opponent, so I will take him on again soon. :-)

Looks like Lori is moving ahead with her business plan. She'll be opening an olive oil retail store (infused olive oils and aged balsamic vinegars), and we think it will be in the Sun Prairie area. We still need to really nail down a location, but from what we've observed, that looks like a good spot. More on all of that soon.

Not much else is cooking, so I will keep this to one page. Happy Tuesday, folks!

2 comments:

  1. OK forgot the blog. I'm glad Neil was the bomb. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!
    Love our oil & vinegar shop on the river front. On fresh farmer's market lettuce, delish!!!

    ReplyDelete